[cisco-voip] CUCM & NAT

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Feb 11 17:15:09 EST 2009

not by default.  that would require the IOS h323 gateway to 'tadem' the
voip call.  Which does not work until the CUBE or IP-IP gateway feature set.

Your IOS gateway will have to be configured as an IP-IP gateway (or CUBE
in the new lingo) for that to work.

/Wes

On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:59:56 PM, Lemon <lemon at lemon.za.net>
wrote:
> RIght, So i thought this would be straight forward
>
> Sending outbound calls from CUCM to h323 gateway which has a voip
> dial-peer to the providers h323 gateway.
> When making outbound calls we get ringback on the IP Phone and
> eventually it just dies - the other end never actually rings.
>
> Any ideas/pointers greatly appreciated,
>
> Thnx
> charl
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> This is the definition of a border controller or CUBE.
>> /Wes
>>
>> On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:36:26 PM, Lemon <lemon at lemon.za.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Telco can't deliver PRI to customer site so now we have to
>>> send/receive calls via a service provider H323 Gateway. Problem is
>>> that we will need to NAT everything in order to talk to SP's H323
>>> Gateway. We are using:
>>>
>>> CUCM 6.1.2 --->Cisco 2821--->SP Network--->SP H323 Gateway
>>>
>>> Just wondering on the best way to achieve this or pitfalls to look out
>>> for?
>>>
>>> thnx
>>> charl