[cisco-voip] Cisco Unity Express: Voicemail Question

Jeff Cartier jcartier at acs.on.ca
Thu Feb 12 08:06:11 EST 2009

I'm currently in the learning process of configuring Cisco Unity
Express...When I press the voicemail button on a phone it successfully
brings me to the voicemail menu, but prompts me for a user ID
(extension) and PIN.

Is it possible to...press the voicemail button from the phone, and have
the CUE get sent the user ID/extension, without you having to type it
in; and then just type in the PIN...or is it always user ID & PIN?