[cisco-voip] Cisco AS gateways aren't doing SIP strict routing correctly?

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Tue Feb 24 09:18:46 EST 2009

Hi,
Cisco AS series gateways send ACK request with Request-URI carrying URI
of the next proxy server (taken from the Record-Route) - in other words,
it's doing strict routing. However, while it also puts the Route header
into ACK following 200 OK, it doesn't put Route header into ACK
following the error response, e.g. 404. I can't get the ACK message
routed to destination because of that. Am I the first to notice this or
it's a known issue? I've tried the IOS version 12.3(18) and 12.3(26).
Thanks,

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk