[cisco-voip] Help with CUCM 6.1(3) and Exchange 2007 UM

Levi Stevens cstevens at masters.edu
Thu Jan 22 14:46:52 EST 2009

We have configured the SIP trunk and Voicemail settings on the CUCM side and configured the Dial Plan, Hunt Group, and IP Gateway (one of our CUCM servers) on the UM server.  We setup a test account in Exchange 2007 and enabled UM for that user and created a test extension (a DID extension) on CUCM for that user.  We can dial the voice mail pilot number and get the standard Exchange 2007 UM greeting and put in the box number and the pin and successfully setup the box.  We set the extension (in CUCM) to forward all calls to the voicemail pilot number.  When we call it from an internal extension, we get the greeting for that box, but when we leave a message, nothing is recorded, there is nothing in the inbox for that user and no voicemail message in the voicemail, like the message is not being recorded.  Also, when we call from the outside (dialing the DID number), the Exchange server just hangs up.  Call Forward All to Voicemail or iDivert gives the person calling the extension a busy signal when called from an internal extension.  Has anyone experienced any or all of these issues?  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Levi Stevens
Network Communications Analyst
Computer Services
The Master's College