[cisco-voip] CCIE Voice or CCIE R&S

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:12:28 EST 2009

I was headed toward the CCIE Voice.  Let me tell you, unless you working on
voice 40 hours a week and in all aspects, CM, CME, Unity, UE, UC, UCCx, SIP,
MGCP, H323, and every aspect of each and are still willing to lock yourself
in a lab for 3 months before taking the test, I would NOT try for the CCIE
Voice.  You need to be able to do every command by memory, and know what can
be done last so you never hit the same thing twice.

I believe the average pass on the CCIE Voice is the 3rd attempt.

My understanding is the R/S is a whole lot easier (if you can call a CCIE
exam Easy ;-).

Scott