[cisco-voip] Integration of CUPS 7.x with CUCM 7.x and Microsoft OCS

vaijanath sonvane vaijanathsonvane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 03:08:19 EDT 2009

Hi All..

Thanks for the help..The Problem is solved. All these settings which you
have mentioned I have already did. I missed below settings:

1. In User management--> End User not assigned the Standard CTI Enabled
Group to the user.
2. In User Management-->Application User-->IPPM User not associated the
Device..

But I have one more question. How to use this feature now? Also How I will
get the On-hook, Off-Hook status of phone? Where to see it.

On 7/2/09, Cristobal Priego <cristobalpriego at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vaijanatah,
>
> on CUCM go to Device>Trunk
> and configure a sip trunk, the Destination IP address is the CUPS IP
> address, the destination port is 5060
>
> on CUCM you need to create a Presence Gateway; Presence>Gateway , the
> Gateway type is CUCM and the ip address of the pub
> go to Presence>Settings  check the boxes for
>
> Enable Instant Messaging (cluster-wide)
> Enable/Disable ability for users to view presence on blocked users
> Enable SIP Publish on CUCM
>
> from the dropdown menu CUCM SIP Publish Trunk select Presence
>
> then make sure that every single user has the DN associated to it
>
> and you should be good to go, CUPC should display the phone status
>
> let us know how it goes
>
> Cris
>
> 2009/7/2 Cristobal Priego <cristobalpriego at gmail.com>
>
>> Vaijanatah,
>>
>> to get the status of the phone you need to configure a SIP trunk in CCM
>> and CUPS.
>> also you need to associate the line to the user.
>>

>> also you're talking about IP Phone Messenger, that's something different.
>> there are a few setting on CUCM and CUPS that needs to be configured.
>>
>> Cris
>> 2009/7/2 vaijanath sonvane <vaijanathsonvane at gmail.com>
>>
>>>    Hi All,
>>>
>>> We are integrating CUPS 7.0.3 with CUCM 7.0.2 and Microsoft OCS. At
>>> present we have integrated CUCM ver 7.0.2 with CUPS ver 7.0.3. I have
>>> followed the Cisco Guide as well as attached document. We are using the
>>> Cisco 7940. Done the following configuration for the IP Phone:
>>>
>>> 1. Configured SCCP IP Phone in CUCM with DN
>>> 2. Configured the End user and associated the configured IP Phone
>>> 3 Configured the end user on IP Phone configuration Settings as well as
>>> on DN.
>>> 4. Configured the IP Phone Service and Subscribed on the Phone.
>>> 5. Assigned the License capabilities for that user
>>>
>>> But when I Press the Services button on IP Phone I am getting the below
>>> message:
>>>
>>> "You were trying to access IP Phone Messenger service from a device not
>>> provisioned on Cisco CallManager server. Please work with your system
>>> administrator to get this device configured."
>>>
>>> Is there any problem in the configuration? Does anyone know what colud be
>>> the problem? How will I know the status of phone ( on-hook,off-hook etc.) on
>>> the dissplay of IP Phone.
>>>
>>> Please help.Thanks in Advance.....
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,