[cisco-voip] Billback software upgrade

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Jul 6 11:53:22 EDT 2009

Hi Leslie,

It is my understanding that the fix will require running instcat.sql on
the CM server to reconfigure SQL server instance on CM.  In the article
this script appears to "upgrade the system stored procedures".  This
sounds very dangerous for the CM server.  I am not aware of any effort
by Cisco to certify this patch.  Additionally development has stopped on
windows branch so additional testing  appears very unlikely.

The challenge, as i see it, is you need a sqk2k5 server to communicate
with the sql2k instance on cm.  Accomplishing this  requires "upgrading
system stored procedures" on the sql2k instance.  While that may safe
for microsoft it is unclear what that may cause for the cisco
applications accessing the sql database.

if you must do this please test on a lab scenario first.

/Wes