[cisco-voip] Custom CUE scripting problem (integrated with CUCM)

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Wed Jul 8 20:58:25 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a CUE scripting error that I'm a bit stuck with. (It's a two part problem. Sorry if this is unclear. )

I have CUCM 7.0(2) integrated with CUE 7.0(3) for voicemail which works fine. I've setup a custom auto attendant which answer ok and most of the script works fine. I am having a problem with the transfer to voicemail however.

The script is setup like so:

CUCM CTI route point to CUE
Script accepts the call and plays a prompt "Sorry the extension you have called is not answering. Press 1 to leave a voice message or 9 for other options"
Press 9 for other options then plays a new prompt which says "Press 0 to be transferred to reception or 1 to dial another extension".

The second part of the script which transfers to reception and the dial another extension works fine.
The problem is that when I dial 1 to leave a voice message. There does not appear to be a "standard function" within the CUE script editor to transfer to a voicemail box.

I am reading the "redirected number" into a variable and then performing a call redirect to "#" plus the variable. (with a direct to voicemail RP in CUCM).
Is there a better way of doing this?

Has anyone noticed that the "direct transfer to voicemail" in CUCM 7 does not seem to work as in CUCM 6???
Ie I have a CTI route point with a DN of #XXXX that is CallFwdAll to voicemail.
I have a voicemail profile with a mask of XXXX.
I am under the impression that I "should" be able to now dial #2000 from any phone and be sent direct to the voicemail of extension 2000.
This works fine in CUCM version 6. A debug on the CUE module is showing a forwarded number of #2000. The CUCM does not appear to be stripping off the # (hash) when sending to the CUE module.

Thanks in advance.
Dana

 - NOTICE FROM DIMENSION DATA AUSTRALIA
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.