[cisco-voip] Resetting a 7941 to Factory Defaults

ahmet can acketen at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:08:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

Let's plug the switch cable of the phone then while you are plugging the switch cable back to the ip phone sw port, you press and hold the # key for a while. Then while your phones lights on and off, sequentally start pressing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 # Then your ip phone try to get firmware from the tftp server that you have referenced to. If IP Phone didn't get the firmware, take it to next to the regarded switch then plug it directly to there. Then make an observation.

By the way, while it is trying to get the firmware file, you can press the setting button then check the tftp server information.

I hope this is informative.

Regards,

Ahmet Can KETEN