[cisco-voip] 881 MGCP Gateway FXS Issue

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:08:50 EDT 2009

If only the FXS ports will not register, check the status of the port (show
voice port sum) if the port is off-hook or shutdown it may not register
until it goes idle.

Also, double-check that you've specified the correct card type and slot in
CCMADMIN

Do you see the FXS port listed when you do a 'show mgcp endpoint'?  If not,
try adding a POTS dialpeer manually

dial-peer voice 123456 pots
port x/x
service mgcpapp

and see if that makes a difference in the registration status.

If none of this helps, check the application syslog in RTMT for the primary
subscriber and look for the registration rejected entries for this port.
There should be a reason code given.  You can search CCO to find out what
the code means; this may be helpful.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Nick Matthews <matthnick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick check - make sure that 'show ccm | i Name' is what you have
> defined in CUCM for the gateway.  That's about 80% of register
> rejected causes.
>

> -nick
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Brian<bms314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone got an 881 working as an MGCP gateway yet?  I have CUCM
> > 6.1.3.3190 and 12.4(20)T3 on my 881 SRST routers.  The Gateways are
> > registered and I can successfully register the FXO port and a IP Phone
> > behind the router.  But the FXS port is always in a Rejected state from
> > CUCM.  I have a 2811 with a 4FXS registered to the same CUCM without a
> > problem.  MGCP is bound to the correct interface on the 881's.  I've also
> > tried resetting the Gateway from CUCM as well as rebooting the 881
> several
> > times.  Anyone run into this before?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian