[cisco-voip] GRE tunnel with QoS

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:26:39 EDT 2009

I've done this with ipsec/gre tunnels, and verified the TOS values are kept
intact on the GRE packet. You can always use an ACL on the remote location
to match on your DSCP value when it comes in from the service provider
cloud, the catch is at that point the traffic will be GRE, so you would do
something like:

ip access-list extended TEST
permit grep any any dscp ef
permit ip any any <---- Don't forget about the ip any any

interface serx/y
ip access-group TEST in

if you are sending traffic out the cloud with DSCP value 46, they should
arrive at the remote location with the DSCP value of 46 and that type acl
entry should increment. If not they're stripping it, or your not sending it.

Don't forget about TCP MSS and IP MTU.

HTH,

NIck Griffin