[cisco-voip] "Voice bridge" in 79x2/79x5 handsets

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Mon Jun 8 22:58:26 EDT 2009

During the presales process for CM7 I was told about a "voice bridge" function that would be in newer handsets (7942/45/62/65) that would allow external applications to do recording on demand without having to SPAN network ports into a voice recording server/appliance.

After scratching around on the Cisco website looking for documentation about this (specifically, how one writes applications to take advantage of it) I can't find anything - obviously my Google-fu is failing.

Does anyone out there have any links or information about this?

Thanks!

B.