[cisco-voip] IPCC and Call Manager Upgrades

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:28:17 EDT 2009

Agreed.  we did the same going from CM 4.1 to 6.1 and UCCx 4.0 to 5.0.
one other thing to keep in mind is upgrading your CAD.  just remember to
save time to at least get the first few agents upgraded so first thing they
can answer calls.  the rest of our agents did there own upgrades.

make sure you check all your 3rd party apps will work and are upgraded to
support CM 7.  we have CM, Unity, UCCx, Phone proxy, Xmedius, Berbee IC, Arc
Console, etc.  You will need to know what has to be adjusted to make sure
everything works.  eg. Linux based CM started using Application users which
need to be setup.  and Java versions change so you will need to keep that in
mind.  Most of the applications we ran the JTAPI client and they worked, and
Unity needed the new TSP plugin.

Just things to keep in mind.

Scott