[cisco-voip] Restricting Outbound Caller Name

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Jun 11 15:33:56 EDT 2009

AT&T controls that display.  You may express preferences but AT&T is not
obligated (frequently does not) follow it.  The only way to conceal
calling name is to set the calling number to an alternate number
(assuming you have multiple DID's to your site and have appropriate SS7
mapping - again depends on AT&T).

If you owned all of the equipment (CM--PBX) you have performed the
correct steps.  Since you don't you will need to make new friends in
those other organizations.

/Wes