[cisco-voip] IP IVR ports

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed May 13 17:35:49 EDT 2009

I believe that depends on how fancy you get with your outbound dialer
campaign.  Be advised there are some legal requirements about auto
dialing folks.

If you want to dynamically dial based on agent availability then you
definitely have to have agents.  This primarily comes in when you are
dialing large numbers of users that may not answer.  However, it also
comes into consideration when you fill up all available agents and
should therefore stop dialing because you cannot provide a live person
on the phone within the legal time limit.

If you do not have agents and cannot monitor their idle/busy status
then how do you know to stop dialing?

Dialing campaigns are a very deep subject with regulatory (read $$$)
implications.  Just a word of advice - tread carefully.

/Wes