[cisco-voip] How do I diag bad ports on a VG224?

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Tue May 19 16:11:43 EDT 2009

Got output from the debug vpm signal, but still no dialtone.

It's a working config that has had dialtone up until now.

MGCP btw, so no real dialpeer matching to be done.

I'm not sure how to determine anything about the port getting stuck.
It just shows on-hook just like always, and no particular state.

Does go off-hook when called, but you don't hear anything on a lineset clipped onto the block

I'm annoyed by the fact that these are the flavor of VG with an RJ-21X on the back and not individual ports.
Neater wiring, but I can't exactly unplug the thing and reseat it without causing outage for everyone.

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services
City of Asheville