[cisco-voip] Firmware Upgrade in Preparation for Upgrade from CCM 4.1(3)sr8 to CUCM 7.X ???

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Tue May 26 18:17:24 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

I did the same upgrade myself in the last 3 weeks and also upgraded the phone firmware before cutting them over to the new 7.0(2) cluster.
The default loads for the model phones you have stated are:

(assuming SCCP)
7912 - CP7912080003SCCP070409A
7961 - SCCP41.8-4-3S
7936 - cmterm_7936.3-3-16-0

All I did was download the windows executables for the firmware updates from CCO and install on the old 4.1(3) cluster (I think it even restarted the TFTP service as part of the install) and then reset all the phones one evening after hours. This made the actual cutover to the new cluster much quicker.

Cheers
Dana