[cisco-voip] Faxing using SIP and UCM 7

Michael Back Michael.Back at nisd.net
Thu May 28 15:55:24 EDT 2009

Ok, I am a little new to SIP and Faxing over IP and could use some help.
 We are evaluating RightFax and will be using SIP to make the
integration.  I already set up the SIP trunk and all the call routing,
but I am a little confused by the whole T.38 thing.  Aside from the SIP
trunk, calls go out on PRIs that plug into Cisco CMMs that use MGCP.  Do
I need to enable T.38 in IOS on the CMMs?  Do I configure this somewhere
in UCM?  Do I need to do anything with the SIP trunk I set up?  Any
assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

MB