[cisco-voip] Making QuickVPN Client Work With Pix Firewall

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Fri May 29 15:00:01 EDT 2009

Yes, we use IPSec.  However, from some of the discussion I see on online forums, they indicate that those are not compatible with PAT and some are not compatible with NAT.  At least that's my intrepretation.  Do you know the location of a document that might have more detail on the specifics?

Thanks for the response...
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.

On 5/29/09 12:56 PM, "A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk" <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,
> Since there are a lot of very, very smart people out there, I'm putting this out there to see if any of you latent geniuses have figured this out.
>
> We're trying to make the LinkSys QuickVPN Client work from behind a PIX firewall - including 501 and 506E -- that is running PAT.  If we set the computer up outside the firewall, it works just fine.  When we put it behind the firewall, it indicates it is making a connection and says its applying the policy and then hangs on verifying network.

does it use IPSec ? if so, your PIX will need to be set up to handle the
different IP types - GRE/AH etc

alan