[cisco-voip] Unity Application Error and Unity Ports

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed Nov 4 15:51:55 EST 2009

Greetings,

Unity 5 on Windows 2003.

In the event viewer, I occasionally get and ugly sounding error:

Event ID 550 Source CiscoUnity_Miu

Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error.

No response was received on port 6 while performing a blind transfer.
This is a serious failure, and most likely parties involved in the call
will be disconnected.  In some cases, further calls on this port will
not be handled correctly.

It might be a false error according to the bug I've pasted in below
although it was first found in CM version 4.0 and I'm on 6.1.

If calls are being dropped, I would expect complaints from end users, so
since I have none, this supports the false positive possibility.

Is there a way to directly test individual ports?  I know I can see
ports in use with one of the utilities on the Unity server, but is there
a more direct way to test a specific port?

Thanks
jeff

CSCef87786 Bug Details

AppEvents: CiscoUnity_Miu 550 reported during normal operations
Symptom:

CiscoUnity_Miu intermittently throws an event log error (Event ID 550)
when no real failure has occurred. The error description will read
"Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error". The
error will also contain an explanation such as:

No response was received on port 2 while performing a blind transfer.
This is a serious failure, and most likely parties involved in the call
will be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not
be handled correctly.

Conditions:

This error message can safely be ignored if there was no reported user
impact and the port designated event still accepts calls. It is believed
that this error occurs when a caller hangs up during some critical point
of a blind or supervised transfer.

Workaround:

None.

Further Problem Description:

CSCef87786 does not address cases where a real failure has caused the
event log error message. If users report failed transfers or a port
ceases to handle calls when a CiscoUnity_Miu 550 error occurs, then
these failures need to be investigated outside the scope of this
CSCef87786.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.