[cisco-voip] Poor Man's Intercom

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Nov 10 19:33:12 EST 2009

For one phone this is entirely possible.  Your original example
however included multiple phones going offhook and hearing the prompt
at the same time.   When you call to a shared line or broadcast line
group only the first phone to answer will get the call.   Outside of a
conference bridge all calls are one-to-one, not one-to-many.

What you are talking about with multiple phones is the same as a
broadcast page.   You will be better off sending on a multicast source
and using the XML SDK to trigger the phones to listen to the multicast
stream.   As someone else pointed out there are limitations to how
many outbound calls you can make at a time.  Alternatively you could
start a Meetme conference from the IVR (maybe?)  and use CTI control
of the phones to make them dial into the conference.

-Ryan