[cisco-voip] MoH trouble over WAN

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Nov 11 14:19:54 EST 2009

Is g.729 the only codec you have enabled for MOH?

In your last example it is not the branch phone getting put on hold,
it is the HQ phone.   What is the region setting between the MOH
server and the HQ phone?

My guess is you only have enabled g.729 for MOH and the region setting
is g.711 for the HQ phone and the MOH server.  CUCM is trying to
invoke a transcoder and fails, thus you get tone on hold.   Remember
in the service parameters for IPVMSA you can select multiple codecs.

-Ryan