[cisco-voip] Poor Man's Intercom -- For What It's Worth...

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Wed Nov 11 15:04:33 EST 2009

First off, many, many thanks to Vince Loschiavo for getting me on the right track.

Attached is a script for sending out what I call Broadcast Alerts to extensions that are set to auto answer with speakerphone.  I may set up one that allows the person to record the message they want to broadcast on the fly but also want pre-configured messages such as "Evacuate the building now" in the system so that all the person initiating it has to do is dial the route point and then exit the building themselves.  This loops through a group of pre-determined extensions.  Perhaps it will be of use to someone else.  If anyone comes up with some nifty additions or refinements, would appreciate being notified of those.  The second Play Prompt statement is in there only for testing purposes.  It can be removed at your discretion.

Thank You...
--
Jim Reed
Technology