[cisco-voip] Configuring ASYNC NM in 2811

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Sun Nov 22 15:34:38 EST 2009

I have an ASYNC 16A/S network module in a 2811 and I'm not understanding how to associate the 'line' with the ip host command so I may use the 2811 to manage several console connections to other Cisco routers.  This was simple to configure when using a 3600 slotted with the ASYNC module but on the 2811 the 'line' is different.

My old 3600 'sh run'

line 33 81
 session-timeout 5
 transport input all
 autohangup
 stopbits 1

interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

ip host br2 2033 10.1.1.1

AccessServer# br2

Password:

Current 2811 'sh run'

line 1/0 1/15
 session-timeout 5
 transport input all
 autohangup
 stopbits 1

interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

ip host br2 2000 10.1.1.1

AccessServer# br2

% Connection refused by remote host

I believe my port number in the ip host statement is not correct.  Based on 'line 1/0 1/15' I have not idea how to correlate that.  Has anyone successfully configured this before?