[cisco-voip] 7962 Registration Issues with 7.1.2.32014-1 ?

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Oct 6 19:09:12 EDT 2009

We are  building new out of box 7962's come from factory running 8.3(2)
and are having registration issues with your 7962/7915s. Our production
CallManager is running 7.1.2.32014-1 and the Device Defaults for 7962
are SCCP42.8-5-2SR1S

When the 7962's initially boot and go out to load the firmware, it will
immeidately get an "auth fail".  We are using SCCP Non-Secure Mode.  In
some instances, the phone will fail to load the firmware but will still
register however not many of the functions will work.  I've seen one
instance where the phone actually came up with the right configuration
yet, in Call manager it didn't even show registered.  The status was
"unknown".

What we did earlier this morning was pointed a test 7962 to another
7.1(2) cluster and let the phone auto-register and pull the correct
load.  Once the phone came back up and auto-registered to the other
cluster then we just reset the phone dhcp settings to enabled so that
the phones would re-register back to the first cluster.  Once we did
this then the phones would be able to register fine to the original
cluster.

 Under the phone configuration in the device information box, the
"Active Load ID" will be unknown.  When you see this you will either
have problems with the 7962 coming up properly issues with the Sidecar
if you have a sidecar.

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.