[cisco-voip] DSP configuration

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:34:36 EDT 2009

The DSP calculator as mentioned is the tool you're looking for.

But - your calculations are pretty close.

Instead of thinking in dsp/call, you should think about call/dsp.

The math here works like this:
16 channels / DSP
G711 - 16 calls per DSP
G729 - 6 calls per DSP.

If you were to switch it around, your calculations are 16 calls per
DSP on G711, and 8 for G729.  It's pretty close, but just close enough
to cause problems.

-nick