[cisco-voip] Converting Public Safety

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Oct 20 13:20:32 EDT 2009

You can do that with either a BLF on Sam's phone for Diana's DN or a
shared line with the ring settings set to flash only on Sam's phone.
Then set the CFNA destination on Diana's DN to Sam's DN and don't have
any CFNA setting on Sam.

The calling number will be retained through the forward, and you can
even set up Sam's line to show which number the CFNA came from as well.

Whether you do BLFs (on a side-car if need be) or shared lines on
Sam's phone comes down to whether Sam ever needs to answer Diana's
line, and his willingness to use the call pickup feature.

-Ryan