[cisco-voip] CUPC troubleshooting tips?

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Sun Oct 25 21:09:35 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with a CUPS / CUPC installation. This is still in the deployment phase.

CUCM = 7.0.2.20000-5
CUPS = 7.0.4
CUPC = 7.0.2.13496

CUCM is being upgraded to 7.1(3) on Wednesday night.

My issues are:
Deskphone control is random. I can login via VPN and control the users deskphone. When the user logs in, he cannot control the phone. The problem appears to be related to the user's PC. He has VT Advantage also installed. I asked him to shut all application and to try again with no luck. Once he has attempted to login, deskphone control goes to "stopped" and CTI won't attempt to connect anymore. I can no longer login and get deskphone control up either. The fix is to restart the CUP server.

Instant Messaging:
My client cannot instant message another user. The CUPC client reports "Contact cannot receive Instant Messages".

Any thoughts on these problems?

Thanks
Dana

 - NOTICE FROM DIMENSION DATA AUSTRALIA
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.