[cisco-voip] FAC

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Fri Sep 11 10:52:00 EDT 2009

This is a constant issue. My recommendations are as follows:

-I never like customers to delay 911 calls because in cases of a real emergency it could be costly. (In some places it could also be illegal)

-Since its usually an accident when people misdial (rather than a phone training issue), you need to train the users to stay on the call and notify the PSAP operator that it was a misdial as hanging up will always result in a dispatch and after a certain number of dispatches, you can be fined.

Also, you should be using CDR to identify the users that are misdialing most frequently and see if you can assist them in correcting this behavior (either by using the phone a different way or by training them to stay on the line).

These are not really “solutions” that people are looking for, but they are the best at preserving the expected 911 dialing behavior.

-Chris