[cisco-voip] Call Manager Express / 911 Issue w/ Fast Dials

Kim, Hyoun S Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com
Fri Sep 18 10:28:11 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Before you say anything, this isn't the issue with 911 & Cisco phones
that have been asked about a billion times over.  This issue is
something I have never encountered and am not sure how to fix.

My issue is with Call Manager Express on a Cisco 2851 Router
(12.4(13r)T).  My issue is with that my users, who have defined Speed
Dials on their Cisco phones.  The majority of the phones we run are the
Cisco 7961.  When user press the speed dial, for example which begin
with 91205XXXXXXX, it would sometimes dial 9-9-1-1-<Some Random
Numbers>.  It is not consistent, but it has happened 6 or 7 times within
the past 2 months.  This is a sporadic occurrence so trying to recreate
the issue will be difficult.

I've examined all the users' speed dials and they follow the normal
guidelines (begin with 9, 1 for long distance, 7 digit number).

Could it be the phone itself?  Maybe software?  Or maybe my config
involving dial-peers.

The Load File we have for the 7961s are SCCP41.8-3-1S.

The Boot Load is 7961G_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin

Below is my config:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 911

 port 0/0/0:23

  forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 9911

 port 0/0/0:23

 forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

 corlist outgoing call-local

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 preference 1

 destination-pattern 9T

 port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

 corlist outgoing call-domestic

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 shutdown

 destination-pattern 91..........

 port 0/0/0:23

 forward-digits 11

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

 corlist outgoing call-international

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

  destination-pattern 9011T

 port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 6 pots

 corlist outgoing call-900

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 91900.......

 port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 7 pots

 corlist outgoing call-976

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 91976.......

 port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 8 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 translation-profile incoming incoming

 incoming called-number .

 direct-inward-dial

 port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 911

 port 0/0/1:23

  forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 9911

 port 0/0/1:23

 forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 11 pots

 corlist outgoing call-local

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 preference 2

 destination-pattern 9T

 port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 12 pots

 corlist outgoing call-domestic

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 shutdown

 destination-pattern 91..........

 port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 13 pots

 corlist outgoing call-international

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 9011T

  port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 14 pots

 corlist outgoing call-900

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 91900.......

 port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 15 pots

 corlist outgoing call-976

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 destination-pattern 91976.......

 port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 16 pots

 description ** T1 PRI pots dial-peer **

 incoming called-number .

 direct-inward-dial

 port 0/0/1:23

!

dial-peer voice 18 voip

 description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

 translation-profile outgoing PSTN_CallForwarding

 destination-pattern 7000

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

  dtmf-relay sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

!

dial-peer voice 19 voip

 description ** cue auto attendant number **

 translation-profile outgoing PSTN_CallForwarding

 destination-pattern 7001

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

 dtmf-relay sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

!

dial-peer voice 20 voip

 description **CUE AA dial-peer**

 destination-pattern 6300

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

 dtmf-relay sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

Any help would be appreciated!

Hyoun Kim

Network Administrator I

Charter Media - East Division

Email: Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com

Office: 615.217.6245

Fax: 615.217.6255

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
 by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.