[cisco-voip] Need Help Configuring a VG204 Gateway on a CME VoIP Environment

Kim, Hyoun S Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com
Thu Sep 24 16:54:24 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I've followed the configuration guide on Cisco's website (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/access/vg202_vg204/softw
are/vg2_vg4_scg.html).  I've even read the manuals for the CME and
Supplementary Service Features for FXS Ports on Cisco Voice Gateways.
However, I'm stumped...

I set up the Voice Gateway as far as I can and connected it directly to
our network on the same subnet as the CME.  I hooked up a regular analog
phone to it, but I get a busy signal.  I'm supposed to set the VG204 for
our fax machines, but right now I just want to get the gateway
configured so that I can at least make voice calls.

Attached is the configuration on the VG204.  I've assigned an IP to the
FastEthernet interface.  I've setup all the SCCP settings the
configuration guide mentioned.  I know I'm missing something small.

Any help/suggestions?  My CME is running version 7.0.

Hyoun Kim * Network Administrator I - East Division

640 Broadmor Blvd * Suite 80 * Murfreesboro, TN 37129

' 615.217.6245 * ' 859.312.6941 * 7 615.217.6255 * *
Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com