[cisco-voip] Installing CUCM 5.1 on Dell Optiplex

Timothy Smith timotsmith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 06:26:28 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I had a problem with our call manager and was advised its a hardware
problem. We've now bought a Dell Optiplex 760 series server to have
the call manager 5.1.2 installed but am having issues.

After anaconda (the redhat linux installer) has started and gone
through most of the steps, it can not detect the DVD Drive..hence
installation can't continue. This is a common problem with linux
distros installing on these machines but many times, the solution is
disabling/modifying some boot options when the kernel is loading.
Problem here is that I cant modify anything in the boot loader or give
it some arguments.

Has anyone faced a similar situation and found a solution?

I appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,
Tim