[cisco-voip] CUCM RAM requirement

Kevin Damisch kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com
Mon Apr 12 13:03:57 EDT 2010

Doing an inplace upgrade from CUCM 5.x to 7.x, but the servers only have 1GB of RAM and we plan on putting in 2GB of RAM.  I was hoping to upgrade the publisher, then power it down, install the extra 1GB of RAM, then power it back up on the new version.  I'm assuming it will fail though to run the upgrade since it doesn't have 2GB.  So, I would need to power off the servers, install the RAM, power them back up, run the upgrade, reboot again.  Any thoughts on how to upgrade this without having to reboot twice?

This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Vital Support Systems at 515 334 5700 and delete or destroy all copies and the original document.