[cisco-voip] Options when transfering call to Asterisk system

Chuck Bohatka cbohatka at fox-international.com
Wed Apr 21 16:35:10 EDT 2010

Using CUCM 7.1.3.10000-11 and UCCX 7.0(1)SR04_Build443

We are transferring calls off to an IVR solution from an Auto-Attendant in the UCCX.  The remote IVR is using Asterisk (no idea on configuration, setup or version) and we setup an Advanced Thrid-Party SIP Device registered on that system on the CM.  This part works great, but we need to be able to pass data back and forth – do we have any options here?

The main goal would be to have them create a reference number using a web service we are providing and they would transfer the call back to us with that reference number that I would then put in queue so our agents can complete the call.  Would be very appreciative of any solutions or examples, but merely just an understanding of what can be done would be excellent.

This is my first post, please forgive any transgressions…

Thanks.

Chuck Bohatka
Fox International