[cisco-voip] Cell Phone Call Treatment Different than Landline

Hodgeman, Samuel shodgeman at xo.com
Tue Apr 27 13:13:33 EDT 2010

Cell phones vs. landlines should not be treated differently. HOWEVER I have seen that some alternative carriers may send their calls marked with the Bearer Capability set to something other than 'speech.' If this is what is causing your problem, you should see an error in the q931 debug 'bearer capability not available.' In that case you can try going into your d-channel serial interface and applying 'isdn incoming-voice modem' if yours is probably currently something different.

-          Sam H