[cisco-voip] 9971 phone isssues

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 02:09:10 EDT 2010

I have just implemented Cisco 9971 phones and realized few problems.
1. The phone could not get the SRST information from CallManager thus this
phone could not registered during SRST. I checked on the phone information
displayed and the standby server option is blank. The other phone models
(older) work fine.
2. The custom softkey template applied for 9971 phone does not work. Tested
with other phone models, they are all good.

i have tried to reset TFTP service, reset the phone until rebooting the CUCM
server but no luck with the above problems.
I am using CUCM 7.1.3b SU2. The 9971 firmware is SIP 9.0.2 (latest). The
gateway is cisco2921 IOS c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M2.bin. Has anyone
experienced this issue before? Appreciate for any feedbacks.

Thanks,
Denny