[cisco-voip] configuring a gateway

Robin Clayton Robin.Clayton at rrca.org.uk
Fri Apr 30 09:46:42 EDT 2010

Hi

I am trying to get back into setting up my home test lab. Currently I have a 1760 and a 2621, one has a PSTN connection and CME4 with two cisco phones, the other has 2 analouge phones. I even have E&M between the two as a failover... This all works as expected.

What I have never got working is using the 1760 as a gateway router for CUCM6 virtualised on VMWARE. I have tried a basic gateway setup in CUCM with the route pattern set to phones on the gateway router. and vice versa phone on the router with dial peers set to cucm.

BUt calls never complete, they wait and then get the fast busy tone.

I am sure I am probably doing something silly but can't work it out. IT's been a few months since I last tried..

Has anyone got a rough and ready guide to gateway configuration between CUCM6 and a Router running IPVoice?  I have scoured the internet many times but never found a simple guide.

Cheers

Rob

===============================
Robin Clayton