[cisco-voip] did not detect ATA drive - CUCM 8.0(2c) install

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Aug 2 17:47:30 EDT 2010

Back in the day (like when this server was being sold) you could actually get different size hard drives, more memory, etc depending on that suffix.  There was a 7825 sold for Unity that actually had a SATA raid array which wasn't supported at all with CCM.

It looks like the 7815-i2-UC1 was different hardware than the IPC1/CCE1/CCX1/ECS1 (one of which I have sitting here at my desk).
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd80456604.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd8045670f.html

It is worth noting that the UC1 data sheet only lists UC as the supported software.  The other data sheet lists all the various products supported.  They also show a different hard disk controller "I/O controller hub (ICH) SATA controller on planar" for the non-UC1 and "/O controller hub (ICH)-S SATA controller on motherboard" for the UC1.

I'll see tomorrow if we have an extra 7815-I2 and will try to install CUCM on it.

-Ryan