[cisco-voip] Abbreviated dialing in CME

Jawad A Hai ahjawad at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 10:54:38 EDT 2010

Hi
We are in process of replacing a Panasonic with CME 3925.
We are facing a small issue with abbreviated dialing. In Panasonic they use these abbr dialing like **123 for mobile number or **124 for national pre defined numbers.
With this feature any user who without Mobile or National access can reach certain numbers. I looked into CME to achieve this with abbreviated dialing. But the drawback is
it will work only if the user has Mobile or National access.
Is there a work around.
One option is to translate the call, but there are limitations I can do only 16 translation.
The client has around 50 abbreviated numbers.
Any suggestion plz

Thank you

AAli