[cisco-voip] Integration into Fire System

Wilusz, Mike mikewilusz at pricechopper.com
Thu Aug 5 08:54:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have an interesting request that came in and I would have to guess it's possible, just not sure how the integration would work.  We have a multicast paging system installed that when we dial  a pre-defined extension, it will page all IP phones within our corporate facility.  We'd like to take an audio feed from our fire alarm system and integrate it so it will also alert via the IP phones.  We would receive a standard 2-wire feed from the fire system, and when audio is sent over the connection, we'd like to have a device detect that audio and dial the paging extension to send the audio.  Anyone heard of doing something like this before?

Mike Wilusz, CCNA
Telecommunications & Networking Supervisor
Price Chopper Supermarkets / The Golub Corporation

E-Mail: MikeWilusz at PriceChopper.com<mailto:MikeWilusz at PriceChopper.com>
Jabber/XMPP ID: MikeWilusz at golub.com<mailto:MikeWilusz at golub.com>