[cisco-voip] Integration into Fire System

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Aug 5 10:40:55 EDT 2010

"detecting voice" is non-trivial.  You will need to find a reliable way
of triggering a 'start event'.

With that trigger you can likely use the "MOH live feed from CME/SRST
router E&M port" trick to get the audio from the fire system into a
multicast stream. After that you just need to get the phones to listen
on the multicast address.  Talk to your paging vendor to see if they can
allow you to specify a specific stream address. It is certainly possible
to tell the phones to listen to multicast stream, your paging system
uses it today.

All of this still depends on finding a reliable trigger event.
'Detecting audio' is not simple or reliable.

/Wes