[cisco-voip] cisco 7911 stuck in upgrading after factory reset attempt

Abebe Amare abucho at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:14:53 EDT 2010

Dears,

I have a 7911 phone with PoE displaying "Ethernet disconnected" message.
When I plug other phones on the same wall jack, the phones bootup and
register without any problem. I also tried to connect the phone on to a PoE
module on  the same switch as the call manager with out any change.  So I
decided to do a factory reset using AC adapter. I tried using the suggestion
put forward on
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/2007-May/023293.html but the
phone couldn't get past the upgrading stage. I tried also using 123456789*0#
with out any success. What are my options after this? RMA?

best regards,

Abebe