[cisco-voip] talking normally then way fast

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Mon Aug 23 17:09:14 EDT 2010

Sounds like a router or VPN device somewhere is queueing some RTP. It
will take some investigation to figure out where its queueing though. I
would start with getting a full list of L3 hops from the VPN user's
computer to the phone you are testing with. And then start getting some
packet captures from both sides and see what they look like. They you
can start moving the captures inward in the topology and see which
device is doing it. If it turns out to be the Internets, then you might
be SOL. But there is a possibility you are missing some QOS somewhere
that is just causing it to queue the RTP. This is why RTP requires
express forwarding (EF) so that it doesn't get queued.

+Chris