[cisco-voip] ATA187 in CUCM 8.0(2)

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Dec 7 17:13:05 EST 2010

QED is a Cisco-ism. It is the process/tool that endpoint(phone/gateway)
owners use to submit their endpoint
definitions(modules/slots/features/endpoint specific configuration) to
the Communications Manager project for inclusion in the shipping product.

The fact that you have to do this is basically a miscommunication
between Cisco entities.  Newer versions of CUCM will pickup the endpoint
definition so that it is included by default.

/Wes