[cisco-voip] Multicast MoH with SIP Trunk

James.Brown at barclayswealth.com James.Brown at barclayswealth.com
Sun Dec 19 17:20:01 EST 2010

Hmm, not sure about MMOH over a SIP Trunk. After much deliberation, we have made it work using an H323 trunk, but only for calls arriving from an IOS ingress GW. We had to set Service Parameter Send Multicast MOH in H.245 OLC Message to false to allow it to work with CVP's H323 stack. We also discovered several bugs, one included calls from IP Phones, where the call flow was IP Phone -> CVP -> VXML GW -> Agent IP Phone resulted in a phone publishing audio to the MMOH group instead of subscribing. Thankfully we worked around this one as it could have been a serious privacy issue. Another was that the MMOH source interface on the IOS gateway had to be a physical (not a loopback interface).

I would be very interested to know how you get on with MMOH over a SIP trunk, sorry I can't shed any light on this.

Regards

James.