[cisco-voip] Recording on Network Drive

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 14:06:25 EST 2010

I think I recall a support forum thread about this for an IP-IVR solution,
where they were trying to simulate syncing the prompt folders by only using
one server and the other just referencing the UNC path, and it wasn't
working.  Probably for good reason.

Anyway, you should get away from that solution now, while you are still on a
Windows version of this product, in preparation for the Linux version.  It
has even tighter restrictions than that of the Windows flavor.

If you need to play media from an external source, your best option is to
play it from an HTTP source.  But you are able to play from HTTPS, FTP,
SFTP, etc, as well.

I don't have a system right in front of me to just give you the answer, but
I believe this one line of code should put you on the right path for
discovery:

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, URL[
http://intranet.company.local/media/audio/company-greeting.wav])

Good luck.

Anthony