[cisco-voip] IP Communicator over VPN problem with windows 7

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman Ahmed.Rahman at bmbgroup.com
Tue Dec 28 09:26:08 EST 2010

Dear Gents,

                I'm facing a very strange problem with the IP
communicator, it works normally from the LAN using PCs running WIN XP,
Vista, or WIN 7 but when connecting from outside the network using cisco
VPN client it works normally on WIN XP and Vista but not working with
WIN 7 the phone fails to register or sometimes shown on the CM as
registered but in all cases the phone screen remains blank without any
information on it (like the DN or the line text label) and the phone is
not operative (and this is only happens with WIN 7 over the VPN).

And some status errors shown on the phone like the attached photos.

So does anyone faced a similar problem ?

Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman I Senior Network Engineer

CCVP, CCNP, CCNA, CCNA-VOICE, IPTX, UCCX, CRMCS, WLSS

  <http://www.bmbgroup.com/>

               Lebanon I Egypt I Algeria I KSA I Libya I Jordan

24 x 7 Support Hotline: +966 1 200 5778 | Support Email:
sa_support at bmbgroup.com <mailto:sa_support at bmbgroup.com>

Shahd Investment Center Office #6 I Emam Saud Bin Abdulaziz Rd I Olaya,
Hay al Murooj I P.O Box 17384 I Riyadh, Saudi Arabia I Tel: +966 1
2005813 I Fax: +966 1 2005811 I Mobile: +966 507920925 I
www.bmbgroup.com <http://www.bmbgroup.com/>

P     Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Disclaimer: This email message is for the sole use of the intended