[cisco-voip] What is wrong with my destination pattern?

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Feb 2 10:43:01 EST 2010

We have a Cisco connected to a PRI acting as a VOIP gateway for an
Asterisk system. In our setup, we have every call arriving at the
gateway that begins with "9" routed to the PRI, and everything else
routed to the Asterisk server.

In short, this means any number starting with "9" should be an outbound
call (to the PRI), and everything else should be is an inbound call (to
the Asterisk server).

The problem is, any international call seems to be looping back to the
Asterisk box. For example, if we dial '9011448712002000' it ends up
looping back to the Asterisk server as if the Cisco is ignoring the 9.

Here are the dialpeers. Pretty straight forward. What could be wrong?

What commands can I use to trace the progress of a call on the console
to see why the Cisco is doing this?

---

dial-peer voice 20 pots
 destination-pattern 9
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/3/0:23
 forward-digits extra
!
dial-peer voice 40 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern .
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.134.9
session transport udp
dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
fax rate 14400
fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 1 fallback pass-through
g711ulaw
no vad

---

--