[cisco-voip] H323 GW configuration

Kin Wai kinwai at singnet.com.sg
Thu Feb 18 15:38:44 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm have a gateway registered to Gatekeeper.

Currently,

Local call to remote sites through the GK --- OK

Remote sites to PSTN through local gateway ---- OK (using the tech-prefix)

Remote sites to Local Phone ----- NOT OK (using the same tech-prefix)

I have the following configuration :

dial-peer voice 20 voip

 destination-pattern 6.T

 session target ras

!

dial-peer voice 21 pots

 destination-pattern 65.T

 port 0/1/0:15

*I have excluded the h323-gateway commands*

The tech prefix for this site is 65

What do I need to do in order for the remote site to call the local phones?
The gatekeeper is a 3rd party gatekeeper.

I suppose there's no issue with the communications as remote sites user can
make outgoing call to PSTN.

Do I need to enable "allow connections h323 to h323" under voice service
voip ? Or I need to create an additional dial-peer to cater for the local
phones?

I tried to apply translation-rule to strip away the tech-prefix or even make
it the full DID number under dial-peer 20, but it still won't work.

Anyone have any clue about this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kin Wai