[cisco-voip] Configuring first VG224: MGCP vs. SCCP configurations

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Thu Jan 7 10:55:01 EST 2010

I guess I am the only one that is going to disagree.

I initially configured all of my gateways SCCP when that protocol was available.  It has the best telephony feature set.  However, I have found that those features aren’t used most of the time.

The biggest use of analog in my mind is faxing.  It seems like the future of faxing is T.38.  While SCCP supports Cisco proprietary NSE based T.38, try and integrate that with even Cisco’s OEMed fax server.

So I recommend MGCP for at least your fax ports on your VG224 so that you can run protocol based T.38.

-Nate